Responsible to: Connect, Care & Grow Pastor
Supervised by: Connections Assistant
Working Relationships: Connect, Care & Grow team, Department Administrative Assistants
Scope of Position: The Connect, Care & Grow Administrative Assistant serves as support to the Connections Assistant, Discipleship Pastor, Leadership Development Coordinator primarily, and Care Coordinator and Resident/Intern Pastors as needed in all administrative tasks and projects.
Time Commitment: Part-Time: 20 hours/week
- Assist Connections Assistant in special projects, events and other task associated with the operations of the Connect, Care & Grow team
- Master and manage data management system (HUB) to track and support the Connect, Care & Grow team as needed.
- Manage online connections for classes, groups, cohorts and events associated with discipleship and leadership development and specifically, and other Connect, Care & Grow tasks as needed.
- Oversee/provide administrative support to discipleship and leadership development objectives and First Impressions.
- Utilize Data Management system to facilitate ongoing communication with leaders and participants engaged in the discipleship and leadership development paths.
- Manage and maintain Data Management Process Queues for Group connections, Cohorts, and ministerial students.
- Provide administrative support in recruiting resident pastors, ministerial students and interns as directed by Discipleship Pastor.
- Assist with basic communications and marketing associated with discipleship and leadership operations.
- Manage calendars for Discipleship Pastor and Leadership Development Coordinator
- Complete needed registration logistics and room set up details for classes and events associated with discipleship and leadership development.
- Follow up on phone calls and emails to congregants desiring information or connection, as assigned in support of Connect, Care & Grow Pastor, Connection Assistant, Discipleship Pastor, Leadership Development Coordinator.
- Provide reports based on data gathering and assimilating as requested by pastors
- Manage the preparation of training and class materials associated with discipleship and leadership development or as determined by Connections Assistant.
- Mobilize office volunteers for regular administrative tasks and projects within the Connect, Care & Grow team.
- Project management experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 360 programs and products
- Good communication skills – verbal, nonverbal, and written, with the ability to proofread grammar
- Interpersonal and Team Building skills
- Experience in reporting and working for multiple people
- Able to process, maintain and protect confidential information in an appropriate manner
- High School diploma required, with 1-3 years of experience in a church or non-profit ministry
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.