Facility Director |
Responsible to: Business Office Director
Working Relationships: Business Office team, support to other departments
Scope of Position: The Facility Director is responsible for all the upkeep of general building and property maintenance for approximately 162,000 plus square feet of building space and 51.5 acres of property space and vehicle fleet. In addition to maintenance, the Facility Director also oversees the cleaning, grounds and surveillance equipment.
Time Commitment: 45+ hours/week – Full-time Classification: Salaried, exempt
- Plan, direct and supervise facility management, including maintenance, repair, and improvement of systems
- Manage all building projects including bids, deadlines, schedules, vendors and basecamp reporting
- Schedule and supervise all semi-annual and annual state mandated system inspections
- Coordinate building and grounds maintenance activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of facilities team and equipment
- Consult with specialists on energy conservation for Church’s operations; recommend operating methods and equipment to maximize cost savings, service quality, and safety
- Establish, schedule and enforce safety standards and procedures for maintenance services and repair
- Review requests for additional services; manage contract specifications for maintenance and alteration services, direct reallocation of funding to cover non-budgeted costs.
- Research, bid, and manage vendors’ contracts for products, goods, and services including insurance
- Review, evaluate and establish operating procedures and facilities team practices, maintaining priorities in keeping effective operations and cost factors
- Prepare the facility budget, monitor budget expenditures, analyze facilities team and expenditures requests
- Complete the annual Ministry Planning Process
- Supervise, train, and evaluate facilities team directly and through subordinate staff or lay leaders
- Give direction, resolve problems, prepare work schedules, and set deadlines to ensure completion of services
- Has a heart for God and a passion to serve the KCC Mission and Vision
- Minimum of five (5) years of facilities management and operations experience preferred
- Ability to recruit, equip and empower volunteers as a servant leader
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of works styles and a changing and diverse community.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written
- Technology tools knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritize and focus on key objectives and measure progress and success
- Possession of a valid Michigan Class C Driver’s License is required.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2020