Kentwood Community Church is seeking a vibrant, personable and innovative individual to take on the role of our Online Community Pastor. This individual will connect with people around the world through live broadcast, online experiences and discipleship groups. If you are passionate about innovating how the Church reaches and engages people, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsible to: Executive Pastor
Working Relationships: Department Heads and Ministry Leaders
Scope of Position: The Online Community Pastor is responsible for creating an online expression of Kentwood Community Church that engages people around the world to know Jesus and make Him known. The Online Community Pastor will offer pastoral leadership by live hosting the online weekend services, shepherding the online church family during the week, and discipling people to go and make disciples.
Time Commitment: Part-Time 29 hours/week, with the opportunity to grow into a full time position
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
• Develop and expand the reach of the church through an online church expression that speaks directly to people who might never step foot in our physical church building
• Create an intuitive funnel that takes the online congregation from consuming church content, to connecting with the church, to committing to a discipled life
• Partner with the weekend service planning team to create effective worship experiences for the online church family
• Drive the creation of online discipleship groups
• Pastor the online church family during the live broadcasts of the weekend services and shepherd those attending online throughout the week
• Connect people with people by providing opportunities for in-person meetings within home-churches
• Raise up leaders who will be disciple-makers and host home-church gatherings
• Continuously connect the mission and vision of the physical campus to the online community so that the two individual expressions maintain clear, church-wide messaging
• Stay up-to-date with new technologies and head initiatives to continuously improve the online church experience
• Build an online volunteer team that participates in serving opportunities remotely
• Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life
• Bachelors Degree in Biblical Studies or related field – preferable
• 2+ years of pastoral experience
• Exceptional online and in-person communication experience, writing, public speaking, and creative communication
• A self-motivated leader, capable of managing self and others, and effective in developing and implementing church systems
• Gifted in pastoring, teaching and/or worship leading
• Ability to lead, encourage, shepherd, and make disciples who make disciples
• Knowledge of broadcasting, social media, web, modern digital communication
• Ability to interface with production and digital departments
• Become a member of KCC by completing First Steps and Next Steps
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood
Community Church from assigning other work as needed.
Your application was submitted successfully.