Outreach: Administrative Assistant
Responsible to: Outreach Department
Supervised by: Local Outreach Director
Working Relationships: Ministry and Team Leaders, other department admin support personnel
Scope of Position: The Outreach Administrative Assistant serves as a support to the outreach department as needed in all administrative tasks and projects.
Time Commitment: Part-Time: 20 hours/week
- Assist in special projects, events and other task associated with the operations of the outreach team
- Master and manage data management system (HUB) to track and support the outreach team as needed
- Manage online platforms as relates to special events and ministries
- Oversee/provide administrative support to volunteer recruitment and organization for events, programs, local serving opportunities and global mission trips.
- Assist with basic communications and marketing associated with outreach
- Manage calendars for local outreach director and global outreach pastor
- Complete needed registration logistics and room set up details for classes and events
- Follow up on phone calls and emails to congregants desiring information or connection, as assigned in support of local outreach director and global pastor
- Provide reports based on data gathering and assimilating as requested by pastors
- Manage agendas and minutes for meetings facilitated by the outreach department
- Participate in outreach team meetings, daily staff prayer, weekly staff chapel, monthly staff meetings and other teams and meetings as needed.,
- A personal relationship with Jesus
- A heart for outreach and to share love of Jesus with people
- Project management experience
- Attention to detail
- Familiar with Microsoft 365 programs and products
- Good communication skills – verbal, nonverbal, and written, with the ability to proofread and edit
- Interpersonal and Team Building skills
- Experience in reporting and working for multiple people
- Able to process, maintain and protect confidential information in an appropriate manner
- High School diploma required, with 1-3 years of experience in a church or non-profit ministry
Basic Personal Responsibilities:
- Confesses to be a born again Christian and seek the will of God in his/her life.
- Maintains a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship of the resources given to them by God.
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart as a member of the KCC team.
- Submits willingly to and understand the importance of an accountability relationship.
- Models the KCC mission, vision and core values.
- Maintains proper priorities and balances in his/her life.
- Commits to personal evangelism opportunities within and outside of the church.
- Becomes an active member of KCC within 6 months of employment.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.