Responsible to: Associate Executive Pastor of Engagement
Working Relationships: All church ministry departments
Scope of Position: The Director of Local Outreach supports the mission, vision, values and strategies of KCC by providing leadership, supervision, and effective implementation of all Local Outreach initiatives.
Professional Expectations: Every employee is expected to maintain confidentiality and respect in all forms of communication. As members of the church body, employees are expected to take part in all church-wide campaigns and voluntarily serve within reason. Employees will maintain a current task list of specific duties, if appropriate.
Time Commitment: Full Time
- Lead the development and implementation of KCC’s local outreach strategies, including partnership, funding, awareness, and mobilization
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers for outreach efforts
- Cultivate relationships with the leaders of our KCC’s local ministries, our partner organizations, and other community leaders and organizations
- Equip KCCers to share their faith and engage their neighborhoods and workplaces with the love of Christ
- Coordinate and promote giving and serving opportunities for KCCers with our local ministries, partner organizations, and for special outreach events
- Provide oversight and operation leadership for all KCC outreach ministries and events
- Partner with other departments like Real Kidz, WAM, and Communications to coordinate outreach-oriented events and promotions for Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc.
- Provide resources and support for KCCers who feel led to take next steps of growth and action to meet needs locally
- Plan and teach membership and discipleship classes as needed.
- Provide pastoral support and any other duties as directed by the Sr. Executive Pastor and Associate Executive Pastor of Engagement
- Participate in the annual ministry planning process and steward the Local Outreach budget with excellence
- Manage & budget expenditures
- Confesses to be a born again Christian and seeks the will of God for his/her life
- 5 plus years experience in building community networks and partnerships
- Bachelor’s Degree with a ministry emphasis preferred, not required
- Passion for local outreach and leading community-focused events
- Strong interpersonal skills: Inspirational, confident, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Spiritual gifts preferred: Leadership, Administration
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart as a member of the KCC team
- Models the KCC Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life
- Become a member of KCC by completing First Steps and Next Steps within 8 months of employment and actively worship with his/her family
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.